PIANCA Design Award Ukraine
PIANCA will announce a design contest, which goal shall be to find and stimulate new ways of collaboration with young designers and in particular through this contest, PIANCA wants to promote the connexion between the Ukrainian creativity and the Italian excellence of the production and create an opportunity for sharing experience giving the possibility of industrializing, including affiliation with the catalogue of the winning product or products,( in a case of the jury`s decision of the prototype to meet principal style match with the collection of the PIANCA DNA).
1. OBJECT OF THE CONTEST
PIANCA announces a contest to promote new innovative concepts aligned with the identity of the company. The contest includes 3 categories of products:
– Tables and coffee tables;
For the projects all the materials are allowed when aligned with the identity of PIANCA.
All the projects need to be original and never before presented. This rule is mandatory.
All the projects need to respect the right of author and shall belong to the person that has done it and submitted it. PIANCA does not assume any responsibility if this rule is not respected; the responsibility shall always lie оn the participant.
2. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. The participation is open for designers and architects of Ukrainian nationality.
2. Project groups are wellcome to participate only headed by a leader which will represent a group and bear the responsibility of interacting with PIANCA.
3. Сontestants are obliged to accept the content of these rules.
4. If the rules are not respected by the contestants in total or partly the project being presented can be disqualified.
5. The projects are ment to be brand new, totally original and dedicated to this contest.
6. Only TWO projects per each category are permitted for all the participants (or groups) to take part in competition. Each project should be submitted separately.
7. All the contestants authorize PIANCA to exhibit their projects publicly (at all sorts of fairs and trade shows) and publish the projects itself in catalogue or at specialized media; for realizing the abovementioned opportunity PIANCA is obliged to name the author of the project.
3. REGISTRATION TO THE CONTEST
The registration is open until the 18th of June 2018, following email: firstname.lastname@example.org :
– name, surname of the individual contestant or representative of a group (in case of a project group all the members of the group should also be mentioned)
– date and place of birth
– contact (email address/mobile number)
– category/ categories you intend to participate
4. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
The projects should be submitted at digital format and sent to the email: email@example.com until the 18th of June 2018.
First leg deadline 18th of June 2018
All participants must submit
A short introduction text (max 2000 characters) to describe the motivation, the general concept, the project characteristics and the materials to be used;
2. Graphic works must response size A3, PDF format. Size up to 2 Mb each.
Second leg deadline 20th of July 2018
Contestants will be asked for representing project details in case of PIANCA approvement a contestant`s project. Among required files can be:
executive documentation of the project with along with the technical files in vector format (cad)
high resolution images, sketches, renders, fotographs, etc.
Submitting of the final files and folders for the final selection to the contest until the 01stofOctober 2018.
The final results – 05th of November 2018 (a place to be defined)
5. ASSESSING CRITERIA
All projects need to meet the criteria:
– Innovation/aesthetics 40%;
– Technological and economical potential in product production 25%;
– Functionality and sales potential 35%.
PIANCA reserves itself the right not to award projects if the jury does not recognize among of the presented projects any project valid taking into consideration the objective of the contest.
The jury is presented by a group of designers that collaborate with our company for years, and responsible persons from the PIANCA Product Development Department.
The decision of the jury will be reported to the winner via email.
All winners will receive an invitation to visit PIANCA in Italy to get to know the productive structure of the company and also to meet the team involved in the industrialization of the product.
PIANCA reserves itself the possibility to define, with the authors of the projects that have received awards or just been nominated, a contract for the industrial implementation of the project in exclusive terms.
PIANCA shall have, given by the participants, the option to use the awarded projects within a year counted from the date of the decision by the jury.Within this period the company will evaluate whether to start the production and, in this case, the economic relationship with the designer shall be regulated by a specific contract. PIANCA shall not modify the project presented in any way without the permission of the project author.
PIANCA reserves itself the option to use also the projects that have not been awarded any prize, subject to a negotiation between the parties, with the payment of the rights to the author of the product.